- B.A. Business Management, B.A. Economics. North Carolina State University, 1988.
- Licensed Financial Advisor since June 1988.
- Joined Centura Securities, a predecessor to RBC Wealth Management, in 1994.
- Served on the Centura Securities Advisory Board.
- Managing Director, Centura Securities.
- Served on the RBC Wealth Management Branch Management Leadership Council.
- Member, Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA).
- Completed the Accredited Wealth Manager program, July 2008.
- Member, RBC Wealth Management Director's Council, 2009 and 2010.
- Member, RBC Wealth Management President's Council, 2011-2016.
Because I find that clients prefer a more in-depth, consultative relationship, I work with a smaller number of clients than many other advisors. I believe in comprehensive wealth planning covering all aspects of a client's financial situation. I also believe that proper planning, time, and risk diversification are the greatest keys to financial success.
Born in Charleston, West Virginia, I have lived in North Carolina since 1980. I am a graduate of the Mercersburg Academy (PA) and North Carolina State University. I'm the proud father of three children - Liz, Ben, and Sarah.
I enjoy a variety of physical activities including running, biking, and swimming. I feel strongly that my physical fitness is an important part of my overall well being and helps me in all aspects of my life. This has led me to compete in numerous triathlons and distance races in recent years, including Ironman Arizona in 2013. I also enjoy time at the beach, reading, and supporting NC State Wolfpack athletics.