Vance has worked in the Private Client Group at RBC Wealth Management since 1988 and is a member of RBC Wealth Management’s Senior Consulting Group, which represents the leading financial advisors of the firm’s nearly 2000 advisors. He is the lead advisor for the Falbaum Investment Group, a team within RBC Wealth Management, which assists clients in developing and implementing wealth management and protection strategies for their business and family assets.
Vance has been with RBC Wealth Management for more than 29 years, assisting clients worldwide to develop and implement wealth management, protection, and transition strategies for their families and businesses.
Education, licenses and professional endeavors
• Member of the Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA)
• Member of the Western Pension Benefits Conference
• Member of RBC Wealth Management’s Senior Consulting Group
• Member of RBC Wealth Management’s Institutional Consulting Group
• Graduate - Virginia Tech, Bachelor of Arts, Communications
• Professional development and post-graduate studies at the Wharton School (University of Pennsylvania), Stern College of Business (New York University) and the Estate and Wealth Strategies Institute (Michigan State University)
• Candidate - Master of Legal Studies, University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law
• Holds the Series 7, 8, 31, 63 and 65 securities licenses
• Registered under NMLS#1588229 through City National Bank
• Member of RBC Wealth Management’s Chairman’s Council, which represents the top 150 financial advisors of the firm
• Named to the 2008 Barron’s Top Advisor List of the 1,000 best performing financial consultants in the country; ranked 18th in Arizona
• Received the 2015 Financial Times Top 400 Award
• 2018 Forbes/SHOOK Best-In-State Wealth Advisor
• Board member, Boys and Girls Clubs of Tucson
• Member, DM-50
• Tucson Airport Authority, Audit Council
• Salpointe Catholic High School Investment Committee
• Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
• He is married with four sons and has lived in Tucson since 1988
CIMA® — One of the premier investment consulting designations in the industry, offered in conjunction with the University of Pennsylvania, Wharton. The CIMA® offers an intense educational experience focusing on asset allocation, manager search and selection, investment policy and performance measurement. There are currently over 5,000 designees, including a number in Canada and Australia.
CIS — Attendees learn complex portfolio construction techniques utilizing alternative investment strategies, trust structures, risk budgeting and VAR (value at risk) methodologies. (The Certified Investment Strategist was a one-time program offered by IMCA and the New York University, Stern School of Business. The program has evolved into the Investment Strategist Certificate program.)
AWM — Offered in conjunction with the Esperti Peterson Institute at the University of Michigan, AWM certificate holders have demonstrated a commitment to their trade by attending 60 hours of continuing education on subjects related to broad financial planning and family wealth transfer issues.