- Double major with a B.A. in Business Management (Finance concentration) and a B.A. in Economics from North Carolina State University.
- Licensed Financial Advisor since June 1988.
- Joined Centura Securities, a predecessor to RBC Wealth Management, in 1994. Later became the Managing Director of the firm.
- Served on the RBC Wealth Management Branch Management Leadership Council.
- Member, Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA).
- Completed the Accredited Wealth Manager program, July 2008 with annual required continuing education.
- Member, RBC Wealth Management Director's Council, 2009, 2010, and 2017-present.
- Member, RBC Wealth Management President's Council, 2011-2016.
Because I find that clients prefer a more in-depth, consultative relationship, I work with a smaller number of clients than many other advisors. I believe in customized wealth planning covering all aspects of a client's financial situation. I also believe that proper planning, time, and risk diversification are the greatest keys to financial success.
Born in Charleston, West Virginia, I have lived in North Carolina since 1980. I am a graduate of the Mercersburg Academy (PA) and North Carolina State University. I'm the proud father of three grown children and the extremely happy grandfather to twin grand babies.
I enjoy a variety of physical activities including running, biking, and swimming. I believe that my physical fitness is an important part of my overall well being and helps me in all aspects of my life. I have completed over 60 triathlons and distance races in recent years, including Ironman Arizona. I also enjoy time at the beach, reading (mainly biographies and non-fiction), paddle boarding, and the tortured existence of supporting NC State Wolfpack athletics.