Brian entered the securities industry in 1994 with Richmond-based Branch Cabell & Co. In 2001, RBC Dain Rauscher acquired Tucker Anthony which had purchased Branch Cabell & Co. He is the lead advisor for the Ford Group, with a focus on adding value to all client relationships by becoming a trusted, valuable consultant to you, your family and your business. Brian believes in providing solutions that are customized to your particular objectives.
In 2000, Brian earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) certification after completing the extensive three-year curriculum required. CFP® practitioners are dedicated to the highest level of professionalism and ethical standards, and, through the intensive requirements, gain a greater understanding of risk management techniques, as well as insurance, tax, estate, investments and retirement planning. These topics of study allow CFP® practitioners to enhance their client relationships and add value toward helping clients achieve their financial objectives.
In 2006, he earned RBC Wealth Management’s internal designation of Accredited Wealth Manager (AWM). The Accredited Wealth Manager program is designed to provide financial professionals with training in advanced wealth management strategies and is offered exclusively by RBC Wealth Management to a select group of its financial advisors. This advanced-level program builds on the fundamentals of wealth management with a focus on estate planning services, insurance solutions, advanced investment strategies and business succession planning.
Brian is a regular radio contributor to the “Virginia Stock Report”, as well as the Monday Morning Business Report on WCVE 88.9 FM (Richmond). He is active in the community by accepting leadership roles on the boards of the Science Museum of Virginia Foundation and the Estate Planning Council at the University of Richmond. Brian is also an adult Sunday school teacher at Trinity United Methodist Church.
Brian is a 1991 graduate of the University of Virginia where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. He holds the Series 7, 63 and 65 securities licenses and is also registered to sell life, disability, and long-term care insurance. Brian is a lifelong resident of Richmond, Virginia and is married to his high school sweetheart, Stephanie, and they have two children. Outside of the office, he enjoys travel, golf and reading.
- 2018 – Named to Forbes “Best-In-State Wealth Advisors List” State-By-State ranking
- 2017 – 4th Quarter RBC Wealth Management Team Award of Excellence
- 2016 — Received the Financial Times Top 400 Financial Advisors award
- 2011 — Selected as the Best Financial Planner by Richmond Magazine
- 2008 — Recognized as one of Virginia’s Top Fifty Wealth Advisors by Virginia Business
- 2007 — Named one of the “Top 40 Under 40” advisors in the investment industry by On Wall Street magazine
- 2007 to present — Member of the RBC Wealth Management Chairman’s Council, the firm’s most prestigious honor awarded to the top financial advisors in the firm