A client's investment portfolio is never an end in itself. It is a means to achieve an objective. That objective may be, among others, creating a source of retirement income, college funding, funding a major purchase or creating a legacy. After gaining an understanding of the goals and time horizon of the client, portfolios are created with the following characteristics:
- Asset Allocation - Combine different asset classes with a goal to deliver more consistent returns.
- Broad Diversification - Combine companies of differing size, industries and sectors.
- Globalized Portfolios - Include attractive investment opportunities in companies based overseas.
- Rebalanced Holdings - A disciplined approach to keep the portfolio objective-focused.
- Maximize after-tax results - Manage taxable accounts for tax efficiency*.
This approach utilizes professionally managed portfolios such as separately managed accounts, mutual funds, exchange traded funds and individual securities.