Scott is one of a few RBC Wealth Management financial advisors who have earned the designations of Certified Private Wealth Advisor® and Certified Investment Management Analyst® through the Investments and Wealth Institute. As a financial advisor, he helps clients manage the accumulation, preservation and distribution of their wealth. Scott also holds a certification through the Exit Planning Institute as a Certified Exit Planning Advisor. This provides him the knowledge to assist clients in the sale of their business by helping them to understand factors that can enhance the value of their business while also preparing them personally for an exit. He has been a financial advisor since 1986.
Scott and his wife, Debi, reside in Colorado and have four children and 10 grandchildren. He enjoys many activities with his family including snow skiing, Krav Maga self defense, scuba diving and hiking. Scott serves as a volunteer career coach for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. He also volunteers as vice president-mentoring for the BYU Management Society. He founded the Young Professionals Career Engagement Program. For 10 years, Scott and Debi served as a sponsor family for several cadets at the United States Air Force Academy. Scott has had the privilege of serving in leadership positions within his church and volunteers for several charitable organizations.
- Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Colorado
- Bachelor of Science degree in business administration/finance from Colorado State University
- Member of the Investments and Wealth Institute
- Member of the Exit Planning Institute
- Member of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Career Coaching Advisory Board
- Member of the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Accounting and Finance Department Advisory Board
- Board member and past president: BYU Management Society, Colorado Springs Chapter
- Global Board: BYU Management Society
- Vice President – Mentoring, BYU Management Society
- Business Advisory Council, One Chance to Grow Up
- Past board member and president: Peak Executive Forum
• Civilian instructor, International Krav Maga Federation