The majority of our relationships are structured on a fee-based arrangement.
Our belief is that such an arrangement provides clients a clear understanding of how we are compensated for our services.
We manage a limited number of households.
Due to the in-depth relationships we must develop to effectively understand and advise our clients, we work with a limited number of accounts. Because of this consideration, the portfolios we typically manage begin at $ 1 million.
We follow a disciplined, asset allocation-based approach to investing.
It is our belief that proper diversification is the most important aspect of effectively managing investment assets. Our goal is to tailor an investment portfolio suitable for our clients based on their goals, time horizon, and risk tolerance. While individual investment selection is important, it is secondary, in our opinion, to the proper diversification of assets and asset classes.
We take a non-biased, non-proprietary approach to our investment recommendations.
Our firm employs its own Advisory Research Department, which is charged with identifying what they feel are the best investment managers in numerous categories. They work from a menu of private money managers and mutual funds completely independent from RBC Wealth Management and base their recommendations on independent and objective findings.
We believe in the integration of wealth planning and investment management.
We are only able to provide sound, appropriate investment management after having a complete understanding of our clients’ entire family, personal, and financial situations. This understanding often comes from asking the questions we feel are pertinent to develop an overall financial picture for our clients. This financial picture is then utilized to guide us in our investment recommendations.
Complimentary account holder services:
- Review and analysis of current estate documents, including wills, trusts, power-of-attorney, etc.
- Insurance policy review and analysis
- Preliminary retirement income projection and analysis
- Asset allocation overview of all client accounts to identify potential issues such as sector and asset class concentrations
Fee-based planning services:
- Comprehensive estate plan, including analysis and recommendations on areas including estate tax, charitable planning, and legacy planning.
- Comprehensive insurance plan, including coverage suggestions, recommendations on policy structure, ownership, and transfer issues.
- Business succession plan, suggesting customized structuring and transfer techniques most beneficial for continuity and protection.
- Long-term wealth management plan, including analysis of sustainability of income, the conversion of current assets to an income stream, and required steps to reach the point of comfortable retirement.