Why retirement income planning?
Resolve the five essential concepts everyone must personally explore
If you are near retirement—or have already retired—you are likely wondering how to effectively respond to a variety of complex financial issues that may play an important role in your ability to enjoy the lifestyle you want. Some of these issues include:
- Managing distributions from your various retirement savings accounts. (Traditional and Roth IRAs, employer-sponsored plans, taxable investment accounts, etc.)
- Choosing when to begin taking Social Security.
- Identifying which retirement expenses are essential and which are discretionary.
- Balancing your current income needs with the risk of running out of money tomorrow.
- Minimizing the negative impact emotions and short-term thinking may have on achieving your long-term financial goals.
An important caveat—before you do anything
With so many risks and considerations to address, it's natural to feel a little overwhelmed by the task of planning for your retirement income. While it may seem like "borrowing" strategies from others may be a good short-cut, avoid the temptation to take a copycat approach. You have unique goals and circumstances; the solutions that work for someone else may not be right for you.
Gain confidence about your financial security in retirement
We have the specialized tools, expertise—and systematic planning process—that can make it much easier to find appropriate answers to the important issues you face. Contact us today to learn more.