As we bid farewell to 2023 and welcome 2024, The Kroneberger Group is pleased to share our reflections on the dynamic landscape that defined the past twelve months. From experiencing several notable market events, adding a new team member, volunteering in the community, and hosting some exciting client events, 2023 was quite the year!
2023 was a year of unprecedented volatility in both equity and fixed income markets. The Kroneberger Group worked tirelessly throughout the year to navigate the challenging market and regulatory changes to ensure that our clients are well positioned to achieve their financial goals. From interest rate volatility, the banking crisis, and regulatory updates, our advisors kept on top of the research and trends to provide solid advice and recommendations. Financial planning remains at the core of our team’s efforts to assist our clients in both their short- and long-term financial needs.
The market volatility and challenges we faced this year were a testament to our adaptability and commitment to excellence. As our business continued to grow, it became time to add another team member. We welcomed Maureen Healy to the team this summer, and her support in client services has been a great addition.
Another area we focused on this year was connecting more with our clients by supporting several organizations and hosting numerous events. We started off the year with a Market Outlook from the one and only Janet Engels, Head of the Portfolio Advisory Group at RBC Wealth Management. Her industry experience and straight forward communication style make her one of our clients’ favorite commentators. In February, we supported the Polar Bear Plunge, jumping into the Chesapeake Bay as a team to raise funds for the Special Olympics of Maryland. In the spring, we had an exciting day at the races, sponsoring the historic Manor Races in Monkton.
We kicked off the summer with a client happy hour in Timonium and couldn’t have asked for a better turnout or better weather! In the fall, we sponsored A Woman’s Journey hosted by Johns Hopkins Medicine which highlighted topics and issues regarding women’s health. To ring in the holiday season, we had a record year on Pie Day – over 115 pies were given away! We ended 2023 with our annual holiday party at the Valley Inn in Lutherville-Timonium, where we collected a record number of toys that were donated to The Family Tree’s holiday shop. This was a highlight of our year, and a wonderful way to celebrate the holiday season as well as beckoning in the New Year in the most festive, spirited way possible.
Given all that 2023 had to offer, our group is looking forward to what 2024 will hold. Keep reading below to hear from our team members about their experiences in 2023 and what they’re looking forward to in the coming year.
- Was recognized in the 2023 Executive Council, comprised of the top 60 advisors @ RBC.
- Brian continues to support and volunteer at the Franciscan Center in Baltimore.
- Is looking forward to more golf outings when the weather gets warmer!
- He plans to visit his daughter, Emma, and attend her lacrosse games at University of Richmond. Go Spiders!
- Taylor joined the board of The Family Tree.
- Celebrated son, Graham, turning three and daughter, Maeve, turning 1.
- The Marino family looks forward to spending time in Ocean City, MD and at the pool this summer.
- Chrissy attended RBC Women’s Association of Financial Advisors (WAFA) in Minneapolis this past fall. Chrissy also serves as the regional delegate.
- Continues to support of A Woman’s Journey, Women in Wealth, serving on the Advisory Board.
- Serves on the Board of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council, and regularly attends continuing education events.
- Enjoys spending time with nephew & nieces, one who just started college 30 minutes from the office.
- Gina received a promotion to Senior Business Associate in 2023!
- Attended RBC Elevate Conference in Minneapolis.
- Both of her kids are in college now: Towson & High Point.
- She is looking forward to cheering for her son’s college lacrosse team in 2024.
- Jenna completed her securities exams in 2023 and is excited to be fully licensed!
- She’s looking forward to planning more events for The Kroneberger Group for 2024.
- Additionally, she plans to horse show and travel more with family in 2024.
- Maureen started an internship with the Kroneberger Group this past January.
- She graduated from Loyola University Maryland in May before starting full time with the group in July.
- She’s looking forward to learning even more through her role on the team next year!
We are looking forward to starting out 2024 with a discussion with Janet Engels on January 16! This is a presentation that you do not want to miss – details will be shared soon!
As we close out 2023, we want to extend our gratitude to our clients, partners, and colleagues for their support. Here’s to a prosperous 2024, filled with health, happiness, and continued growth. Until next time, Happy New Year!